- 5 pcs. (1/2 pack) Sexy Dawg preservative-free Breakfast Links
- 1 1/2 cup cooked low sugar Turmeric rice (For every 1 cup uncooked rice, add 1/8 tsp ground turmeric and 2 pcs bay leaves. Take out bay leaves before using)
- 3/4 cup drained garbanzos
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 2/3 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro or “wansoy” chiffonade
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 11/2 tsp pomace olive oil
1. Steam breakfast links for 8-10 minutes. Let cool. Slice into thin rounds like chorizo. Set aside.
2. Cook turmeric rice. Set aside.
3. In a non-stick wok over high heat, sauté garlic and onions until translucent in color. Lower heat.
4. Add tomatoes and stir-fry for about a minute
5. Add garbanzos and stir fry for another minute before adding the bell peppers
6. Stir fry with the bell peppers for another minute
7. Add rice, cumin, and salt and stir fry for a minute or so
8. Turn off heat, mix in wansoy.
9. Stir in chorizo
For the Low Sugar Turmeric Rice (Using Toshiba Rice Cooker)
- 1 cup uncooked white or brown rice
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 pcs bay leaves
1. Wash rice thoroughly. Arrange on the bottom of the healthy rice basket and place basket in the inner pot. Add water (Refer to cooker for the water level line for cooking 1 cup rice). Stir in 1/8 tsp ground turmeric and add bay leaves.
2. Close the lid, press "Healthy Rice" option. Select amount of rice and press COOK.